Monday, January 30, 2012

Sundance

Saturday I finally experienced some more of the “You have to do this before you leave Provo” traditions: the tumbling gym and the Sundance Film Festival.

The tumbling gym was great. I don’t have any pictures of it, but I had a blast.  I did my first backflip (into a pit of foam and I didn’t even get all the way around so it doesn’t really count).  My favorite was the two trampolines for “experienced jumpers.”  I am not an experienced jumper, but I did the cheater way once to get used to it, and then spent about 75% of my time there after that.

There is one station where you can tackle a friend into a huge pit.  Some girl was holding the pillow mat thing and her friend (who looked like he could be on a football team) ran as fast as he possibly could and smashed so hard into her.  As he was running down the mat, I could feel myself and everyone watching cringe and the smack as he hit her was scary sounding.  It took her about 5 minutes to get out of the pit, as she was so far under and head first down there.  And she was laughing too hard, which was good, because we thought she was crying at first.

Saturday night we went to the Sundance Film Festival.  This is a picture of Main Street in Park City.  We got awesome parking- only had to walk two blocks to get there.

IMG_9818

We said we were going for celebrity hunting, but knew we probably wouldn’t actually see any celebrities.  Some guys “Stanky something” gave us a demo cd.  We listened to it on the way home and it was pretty weird rap stuff, but we did enjoy listening to one song “Salt Lake Girls.”

We mostly just walked up and down the street and went into some random shops. Sundance

I had to get a picture with my Canada gloves.

  IMG_9801 

This limo was sitting here almost the entire time we were there, but there was no one special in it.  We took this picture anyway, in case we wanted to tell anyone that we saw a celebrity. 

IMG_9825

I had no idea who Banksy was before this picture.  One of the festival people was nice enough to take a picture of all four of us.  The other girl is Jodi, an awesome girl from their ward.  Apparently Banksy does really interesting street art around the world and it’s pretty controversial, or at least makes a statement. 

Banksy on the Palestine Wall.

image

image

No one has any idea who he is though.  Most of his art is done in England, but this is one of his tags.

IMG_9830

3 comments:

  1. I have done the film festival and enjoyed walking around and feeling like I was seeing famous people. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to experience this. Too bad you didn't see anyone famous haha. Glad you got great parking, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we don't have any luck with famous people. No one for you at the film festival and no Pippa, Kate or Will for me in England. Wah.

    ReplyDelete