Tuesday, January 17, 2012

MLK Day

MLK Day is always a service day at BYU. Luckily I didn’t have to go to the super early devotional because Kaitlan was in charge of one of the areas so I could go strait to the place.

We got to paint tiles with mentally handicap adults.  I guess the school system can’t provide anything after the age of 21, so this program is in place so these adults have a place to go everyday.

They were really sweet.  This is Anna, who Kaitlan got to paint with.

 IMG_9738

Me and two other people who just loved each other so much helped Larry, who loved BYU football. He’s fairly certain that BYU will win the superbowl.  :) In this photo, we were supposed to be making a “Rise and Shout” face.

IMG_9740

Our friends Adam, Chase, and Josh with Heidi.

IMG_9742

It was great fun. There was also another boy, Ryan, who gave everyone he met a nickname. I was “Serious by Colors,” Kaitlan was
“Can’t We Try,” Chase got “Maneater," and some other good ones were “My Best Friend’s Wedding,” “Shake Shake Shake Your Booty,” and “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door.”  I am so grateful for people who make these sorts of programs happen.

On the way home, we stopped and “hiked” the I.  Bet even you
BYU-Ites haven’t done that!  :)

January

1 comment: