Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Unveiling

Jamie and Matt found out the gender of their child!  They found out on Monday, but didn’t even tell anyone that they had found out, but I overheard Matt tell his mom that they knew the gender.  I convinced them to have the unveiling party that night, since the next time they could get everyone together wouldn’t be until Sunday and I wanted to know really badly. 

They were easily persuaded.  The only thing that held them back a little bit was that they hadn’t told Mom yet, and because of the time difference, she would pretty much be the last to know.

They dyed my tongue with food coloring to tell me, so that Matt and I could go buy some decorations while Jamie made some cupcakes.  The plan was to put a gumball in the middle of the cupcake so that when people bit into it, the gumball would reveal the gender.

 IMG_9755

Everyone was instructed to wear the color that they thought the baby would be.  Jenny and Mei Ling wore blue, Kristen wore black (??) and I wore pink.

Unveiling! 

IMG_9769

The gumball mechanism worked!  Here’s an extremely attractive picture of Jame with her genderfull baby.

IMG_9766

Did you get that?  Could you tell?  That’s right, Jamie and Matt are having a baby girl!

IMG_9763b

Can’t wait to make that CD of daddy-daughter country songs for Matt.  I have so many of them- they get me every time.

And you know what else that means… I was right!  And so were Matt and Jamie, since both of them thought it would be a girl too.  :)

 IMG_9767b

Can’t wait to have three nieces within 8 months of each other.  I really need to get going or all my babies aren’t going to have any kids their age!

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha, awesome! She is going to have alot of fun with her little cousins...and by the way...I thought it would be a girl as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - I LOVE IT! I hadn't heard yet so I'm very excited to buy even more girl clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay Chrissy. Maggie is the youngest by 3 years on the jennings side. I think everyone else is done having kids too so there's not even a chance for anyone close. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you told everyone? Naughty.

    ReplyDelete