Friday, December 23, 2011

I had so much potential…

I love the fact that all my old high school stuff is still on my parent’s computer. It gives me great pleasure to see how great I almost was. 

Case 1:

I was destined for the judiciary.  My judgment was precise and fair and I was quick to figure out the most important issue of a case instead of dwelling on the unimportant details.

Fullscreen capture 12242011 54205 AM.bmp

Note: I found the article and reread it. The issue with the truck was whether or not it should be brought into court for evidence or just show pictures. Not who should get to keep the truck…

 

Case 2:

I think this example shows my reasoning, logic, and decision-making. Even at a young age, I clearly knew who I was and what I stood for.

Fullscreen capture 12242011 55230 AM.bmp

Note: the red highlighting was a recent addition. Also, why did I title the paper Catron, Jack??

Case 3:

I got better though, with time. I should have been a reporter or a lawyer.  I was unbiased, cool, calm, and collected.

Fullscreen capture 12242011 55915 AM.bmp

Note: For the record, this was not supposed to be an attack on anything (see the last sentence). We had to do a current event every week in biology. They were such a drag and because of that, I always forgot to do them. After awhile though, I started taking articles and making them more entertaining (see the drastic change between January and June) and all the sudden current events were my favorite part of the week. Imagine that.

Case 4:

This one is a bit of a guilty pleasure, because I remember when I presented this to the class. Everyone just sort of stared in shock, in awe of the fact that I made a current event interesting and wildly irrelevant (this may be a false memory, but it’s a good one).
I should have been a scientist. I had a knack for hypotheses. Or a dictator. I offer my services in this current event review.

Fullscreen capture 12242011 60638 AM.bmp

accompanied by these pictures.

Fullscreen capture 12242011 61050 AM.bmp

Note: But really, I make some excellent points. For example, this summer my mom and I used a shopping cart instead of a basket for the first time and severely overestimated how much we could carry. The walk home was excruciating. Of course, that has nothing to do with shopping carts- but does give evidence to support the “shopping carts are evil” theory…

Note2: I was really into hunting down Osama bin Laden. I think this is the second time I used it (probably because my teacher liked the first and positively reinforced me to do it again). The first time was about an article on the sexual harassment of guppies. I reviewed the article and then said that although it may have been interesting, it was a waste of time because these people could be employed doing more useful things (I don’t think they were actually harassing the guppies) like hunting down Osama. If people had listened to me back then…

 

Another article, “Apes shown to be able to plan ahead,” had a self-created subtitle of “Anything that can think can bomb.”

I should have been an activist. I was really into causes.

I had so much potential! What happened??

4 comments:

  1. Oh my girlie -- this just put me in the Christmas spirit. hahahaha You have had the BEST imagination for so many years!

    ReplyDelete