Friday, December 16, 2011

Drive to Manila

My cousins live in Manila, UT

manila

To give you an idea of how big Manila is, here are some stats:

-the population in 2000 was 308 people

-the population is 379.3 people per square mile

-therefore, Manila is less than 1 square mile.

-there are 401 housing units

-therefore, there are more houses than people

-one of my cousins had 7 people in his graduating class.

-there are 0 stop lights

-there are TWO gas stations though!

Obviously, it’s a hot spot to visit.  There are some pros to living there though:

-they’ve never been turned down for the deer hunt

-to get to the church, market, school etc… it’s less than a mile walk

-the smog levels are nearly 0

-you only have to drive a few minutes to get a Christmas tree, go shooting, or my cousins personal favorite- “elk spotting”

 

I drove over with these cute kids: Austin and Ava

 IMG_8521

IMG_8542

It was an extremely exciting drive for them:

IMG_8532

Poor Barbara had to go sit with them for a little while.  Their youngest, Tyler was starving so she tried opening this baby formula.  I keep thinking the white on her scarf is a reflection of sunlight or something, but it is a result of the pressure in the formula.

  IMG_8554

I kept asking John if we were in Utah or Wyoming.  He was patient with my annoying comments, and then finally told me that I would know when we were getting to Utah because Utah salts the roads. I didn’t get it until I saw this:

IMG_8557

Utah: Throwing it in your face since 1896.

3 comments:

  1. Bag over the head is my favorite...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun car ride. I like the state line. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny and so true...hoorah for utah! I couldn't wait to get into utah from wyoming when we were coming back from st. louis! hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete