Friday, January 21, 2011

Rexburg!

I got to go to Rexburg last weekend! I had never been, and honestly didn’t feel like I had ever really missed out (sorry Natalie!), but I was excited to go and have an adventure.  The trip was organized by the La Casa guys: Cody, Tom, and Logan.  Lisa and Rachael also went. 

I had such a great weekend! Idaho is beautiful! It was such a different experience than being down in Provo, and I loved it! I think I would really like to spend a summer up there. Just maybe not all year. It’s just nice to be in a small town for a couple days.

We went cross-country skiing, which was really great. I had heard that it was really difficult, but we must have picked an easy trail, because I didn’t think it was that bad. It was really cool to be in the middle of nowhere with snow covering everything! Somehow we ended up skiing for 5 or 6 hours though, and that was a little long. I’d definitely do it again!

Rachael's Card

After skiing, we were pretty tired and couldn’t wait to go the Big Judd’s and eat some hamburgers. Big Judd’s is famous for it’s huge burgers and if you eat the whole thing, you get your picture on the wall. I got one, fully intending to only eat half of it and save the rest for later, but about halfway through, I decided to just eat the whole thing so that I could say I did it and never have to do it again. (I did WAY better than the boys. They could barely finish. The trick it to cut it up and not try to eat the whole thing at the same time or it looks absolutely disgusting.)
The picture on the right is the one that will be on the wall.

Blog Photos

We were going to go to a bonfire that night, but all of us were way too tired, and we watched 21 instead, which was great the first 4/8ths and the last 1/8th.  :)

21Poster

Sunday we went to Cody’s sister’s ward.  My favorite part of going to church was that when we were sitting on the front row during Sacrament Meeting (all three guys had been asked to pass the Sacrament) and the Bishopric spent a good part of the meeting looking at our group and flipping through their ward directory, trying to find our pictures.  :)

We made spaghetti together at the cabin that the guys were staying at (I never realized before how gross angel hair pasta is) and then I was taught how to play Rook, which is fantastic, so now I can use my Rook cards for their intended purpose!

Rook

Monday we drove home.
And we beat the odds; we never got pulled over!

These are pictures from Sunday and Monday.

Rachael's Card1

The group: Christina, Lisa, Rachael, Cody, Tom, and Logan

IMG_6650crop

7 comments:

  1. um, you ate angel hair pasta all the time growing up! haha that burger -- ugh! haha I'm glad you did it, though...just this once. Looks like fun! You will have to tutor me on how you make your pics look so cool...Live? I don't know how to use that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun. i like angel hair pasta. it is so celestial. i like how you put your pictures. how did you do it. I'm not ignoring you i promise. I just have company...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU DID MISS OUT!!! HAHA Thanks for the shout out! I am glad you went and did some of the great things Rexy has to offer. The summer is a dream...give it a chance during that season too. It will win your heart...although...maybe you aren't a small town girl?! I love that place tho. Glad you had a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratz, this is the first blog I have ever read. well I kinda read it but mostly looked at the pictures. I want these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha. Oh Rexburg. so exciting. The burgers must not have been THAT big if you could eat it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. why didn't you reduce the 4/8ths fraction to 1/2. that is a crime against math to leave it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, loved this! Where did you stay? The hamburger was ginormous and I love angel hair pasta, and Rook, we used to play all th etime and now i can't remember how, but I could learn again very quickly! Maybe I will suggest it! Thanks for coming up to Adam's farewell!!! Love you little niece!!

    ReplyDelete