Thursday, January 6, 2011

Funny Sights, Awkward Stares

Last night was “Getcho Calling Night” as I affectionately call it.  I arrived a good hour and a half before my appointment because I love calling night and meeting new people in the ward.  I didn’t really meet anyone new this time, but I’m really glad that I was there the whole time because we all watched the BYU basketball game.   Everyone was really into the game. 
One of our Bishopric counselors kept sneaking a few seconds of watching time in between each appointment.
 P1030359

Also, today I was walking home after parking the car near Provo High for Jamie and saw this:

P1030360  P1030361 People will do anything for parking spots…

And now for the awkward story
Last night I stopped by my apartment to drop some stuff off before heading over to calling night and my roommate was talking to a guy in the apartment that looked vaguely familiar.  I forgot about it until this morning when I walked into Psych Stress and saw the same guy!  I was positive it was the same person, so I figured out the funniest way I could approach the subject- being blunt.

Chrissy: Hey! You were at my house last night!
(laughter from the 10 people in the class so far)
Guy: I was??
CHrissy: Yeah! Talking to my roommate.
Guy: Um. I don’t think so…
(everyone laughs. my cue to feel awkward, apologize and leave. i don’t.)
Chrissy: Really? Well, then you have a twin. Because someone who looks just like you was talking to my roommate Jessica last night…
Girl sitting behind Guy: (laughs) does your wife know about this?
Guy: (laughing) Well, I did spend the entire evening with my wife…
(Chrissy realizes her super awkward mistake and manages to make the situation far less awkward than it could have been, but will probably freak this guy out for the rest of the semester.)

Smooth one.

2 comments:

  1. ah hahahahha to all of these...however, it probably was that guy and you are a super sleuth...weirder things have happened in Provo...unfortunately

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that guy was going to be married. It happens all the time at church schools. I know I had a few interesting moments myself. Great stories tho.

    ReplyDelete