Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Catrins would be Proud

I got invited to go shooting this weekend, and loved it.  I haven’t been shooting since we went in Manila back in the day.

This one was my favorite gun.  It sounded like I was shooting a flare.  It was very satisfying.

P1030913crop

They had targets set up everywhere, like clay pigeons, milk jugs, and this TV.  The TV got destroyed, which was pretty cool.  

Shooting

Cody has this huge gun.  I don’t remember what it was called, because I know almost nothing about guns, but it had a scope and a flashlight and a laser beam and everyone was awed by it, so I assume it was an awesome gun.

This picture is of me holding that gun left-handed, because it looked cooler. But I really did shoot it.

P1030936

And lastly, I was watching Tom and Cody try to shoot the clay pigeons in the air.  They kept offering the gun to me, but I didn’t want to try it because I knew there was no way I was actually going to hit one of them.  But I finally conceded.
Beginner’s luck is a true thing folks.  I hit one the first try.
And then I missed the next five. 
I forgot the whole “quit while you’re ahead” theory.

4 comments:

  1. I always have beginners luck around Weston's family too...and...always get cocky!
    Great shot and you do look like a real pro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your philosophies. haha That's very fun, but poor TV :( haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were shooting the civilian model of the military M-4 or AR-15. it shoots a 5.56 round. the other looked like a .22 rifle good for getting rabbits and other citters

    ReplyDelete