Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tuesdays With Morrie

 

image

On Thursday, Lauren and I went to see Tuesdays With Morrie at BYU. Kara had warned me that it was really sad before, so I brought a bunch of tissues.

When I got there and looked at the program, I was super excited because Matt Meese was playing Mitch, the student. Matt Meese is one of the biggest reasons I love Divine Comedy. I have no idea what the show will be when he is no longer a part of DC.

It was kind of weird at first to see him in a serious role, but I really enjoyed the show. The first ten minutes or so was really fun, because the actors interacted with the audience a bunch. There were some really funny parts, and I was glad Matt Meese was playing the role.

image

And then towards the end of the play, it got really sad. I am a baby, so I started crying about 5 minutes before everyone else even shed a tear, but it was nice to hear the entire audience sniffling by the end. I love that sound.  :)

image

It was a very cute play, and the two actors were amazing. One interesting thing they did was leave the stage crew onstage the entire time, and so we could see them helping the actors with props and things. It was a little strange at first, but I ended up really liking the change. Also, every set was on the stage at the same time, but it worked out really well, and I think the simplicity was really effective for the telling of the story.

P1020888

Lauren and I with our tickets.

4 comments:

  1. Oh...the books are great! I would have loved to go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did those kind of set changes when we went to see Emma. It was awesome, but I agree weird at first. I love that guy in Divine Comedy too! Will there be a DC when I'm there in October? If so, we have to go for sure! Thanks for updating!

    ReplyDelete