Wednesday, September 29, 2010

R.I.P. Bic

I was going to update all of you on my date, but this is far more important.

At the beginning of every semester (and sometimes multiple times during the semester), I go to the BYU Bookstore and pick up a couple packs of  BIC Ultra Round Stic Grip Ball Pens. They are the best pens on Earth, and I absolutely love them.

Why? Becuase they’re not nice enough that you have to be constantly worried about losing them or borrowing them out. Also, they don’t bleed through paper as easily as the super nice ones. Pens are way better than pencils, because it looks so much more satisfying and legitimate when you write with them. And these ones are the best. You never have to rewrite things because the ink wasn’t present the first time you tried to write it, but it also doesn’t smear when you accidently rub your hand over it.

image

Have I convinced you? These are the best pens in the world. Everyone agrees. I know this because no one ever gives them back when I let them borrow one. (Okay, this happens with most pens, but usually only with pens the borrower is satisfied with. I’ve never gotten one of these back!) People love these pens.

So WHY did BYU stop carrying them?

There I was, preparing for school to start in August, going downstairs in the BYU Bookstore and heading to the place where my Bic pens are kept, and there they weren’t. I looked everywhere. All I could find was the same type of pen in blue. But you can’t take notes in blue! Writing in blue is five times worse than writing in black.

I thought it was a fluke, and didn’t sweat it, since I still have some from last year. However, I’ve been running low (I lose pens a lot) and so I went there again today. Cautiously. Trying not to get my hopes up. And yet, I was crushed again. I searched all over. They were not there.

How infuriating. Why couldn’t they have removed all the blue pens? Or any of the other 50 different kinds of pens they carry?

Therefore, I bought two other pens. And spent almost twice what I would have if I had gotten a pack of 8 of my favorite pens.

And they probably don’t even work.

 

 

Although, one IS made out of a recycled water bottle!

image

Take THAT, The Man.

5 comments:

  1. I prefer writing in blue. So there. ;)

    (Laundry day...see you there...underthings...tumbling...)

    xoxo
    Captain Hammer, Corporate Tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. i like pretty colored pens on the outside as long as they write in black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So i have one of the said pens in my possession and I love it. And I agree, no blue ink. If I wanted my notes to look like a joke I would just write in pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the BIC pens too. I have forever and they rarely let me down! Way to be brave and try the recycled pen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I pretty much remember stealing like 5 pens from you during the course the semester. HAHAHAHa. Oh I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete