Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog

Rachel Z. introduced this little movie to me last Friday. I had never heard of it, but apparently it was a huge deal during the writer’s strike. I thought it was really good, although I’m going to have to watch it again to fully appreciate it. What makes it good is that it takes one little concept and creates this 45 minute movie that really demonstrates it.
The fact that it was a sing along blog kind of weirded me out, but the songs are actually really cute.

Here’s what the plot line is:
”The story of a low-rent super-villain, the hero who keeps beating him up, and the cute girl from the laundromat he's too shy to talk to.”

Anyway, here’s the trailer. Doesn’t do it justice, but ah well.

 

This is just the beginning of the movie. Obviously you don’t have to watch it, but I thought the first two or three minutes were really funny and cute. Definitely a good start to the character development.

 

Thanks Rachel for introducing this to me!

1 comment:

  1. How did I not ever tell you about this as I have had the videos and the soundtrack for a few years now. So glad you love it.

    ReplyDelete