Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Weekend!

image

This weekend was interesting. Late last week, we had many intramural games in our ward. Our ward is awesome because tons of people come to support every game for ward teams. The picture on the bottom right corner is at the soccer game and the one next to it is at the kickball game. The joke is that if you’re looking for our ward, just look for the line of lawn chairs. :)

I’m on the kickball team, and it was our first tournament game. We kicked the other team’s trash. We have two games tomorrow so that should be fun. We might get crushed. The problem is that you can have 15 people on the team, in hopes that 8 actually show up, but our team always have like 13. It’s great, but it means you only get to play every other inning or so.

Saturday morning Jeff and I went on a huge date with a ton of people in the ward. It was a scavenger hunt, but we were disqualified because Jeff saw one of his mission companions and so we were like 30 minutes late. Ah well.

Sunday Jamie and I had Callie and Andrew over for dinner since it was their last Sunday and we wanted to talk with them once more. It was really nice. It’s sad that they’re moving though.  :( 

This morning Jeff and I went running. It was really nice to go running so early and be up before practically everyone else in Provo, especially since it was a holiday. We were running by 7:15. Later, we went to the Pizza Pie Cafe. I think that’s the third time in the last two months. We love that place because it has really good salads and as much pizza as you want. There’s some cool kinds of pizza too.

I bought a bike! Some Mexican family had them out in their front yard for sale. They were asking 30 but Jeff talked them down to 20. So now I have a bike! I’m excited about it. We went up to the Y and biked around some of the trails on the mountains. You can see my new bike in the pictures above.  :)

And most importantly…

the-lord-of-the-rings-dvd-cover-art

We’ve been watching The Trilogy. We watched The Fellowship on Friday, Two Towers on Saturday, and we started watching The Return of the King yesterday and watched more today. We still have an hour to go, so we can’t say we watched it all in one weekend, but we’ve gotten pretty close. I love those movies!

Hope your Memorial weekend was awesome!

4 comments:

  1. now you need to buy a helmet. not from a yard sale though. yuck. Your ward must be rich to have all those lawn chairs. We couldn't afford those till we got them as a gift for our wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Jeff...can I borrow him the next time I go to Mexico? I hate bargaining! I'm glad you got a bike...I've been craving one lately so I will probably go out and see if I can pull my old one off of the others that have all rusted together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I LOVE the lawn chair brigade and Jeff's shirt :)

    ReplyDelete