Saturday, May 8, 2010

When I went to California

I found really cheap tickets to California when Jeff was out there for a week or two. So the next day, I boarded a plane and headed off to the sunshine and brown!

When i got there, I met his brother and mom and we went to the beach at his mom’s friend’s house. It was a private beach, which was nice because it was a really nice beach but no one was there.

P1010136 This is his brother, David.

P1010144

On Saturday, Jeff and I went down to the beach by where he lives. Jeff lives less than 10 minutes away from the beach, which is really pretty. Helps my vendetta against Southern California a little bit.  :)

P1010205

P1010210

P1010219

P1010215

That night, his ward was having a talent show, so Jeff and I helped out with that. Two different groups did a dance to the Glee version of “Halo/Walking on Sunshine” so that was amusing.

On Sunday, we went to church and then in the evening, Jeff and I went to a place called Venice. I guess the beach is pretty famous, but we just went to the canals. The houses there were probably worth so much money. I thought it was really pretty there.

P1010227

P1010229

P1010236

P1010250

This is us on Santa Monica pier. Either the ocean or the pier is behind us- i forget.  :)

This is his mom and brother before we left for Provo.

P1010253

We went and saw the Joseph Smith movie after, which was awesome, as usual. That movie is great, and I was really excited to see it after studying Joseph Smith in such detail this last semester.

P1010258

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a great time and it's fun to see the pictures! It would be nice to live near a beach, but poor Cali will drop off into the ocean soon and probably take us with them. :(

    ReplyDelete