Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hee Haw Farms

Kate and Kaitlan’s ward had a ward activity to Hee Haw farms, so naturally I went.  I’d never been to any sort of Halloween activity in Utah, so I was pretty excited, but held no expectations for this particular arena. 

 IMG_1918

First was the Hay Ride to the haunted house or whatever it was.  We originally didn’t get tickets to the haunted becuase Kate H. and I are pansies, but we eventually decided it wouldn’t be that bad because this was a family park and I finally consented. But my indecision caused us to miss the first hay ride, and we had to watch all our friends ride away without us.

IMG_1931

IMG_1945

But, turns out, this wasn’t so bad because near the waiting area were some really strange things. For example, here is some goat tower thing that we would have missed out on!

IMG_1930 

We also played on the tractors and trucks.

IMG_1937

This truck was nasty, so we didn’t sit in it.  We walked around for a minute longer and found a nicer truck.  Kaitlan and I got in it, and then started to see some suspicious items: an iPod, a jacket, and it reeked of cologne.  We realized it was someone’s actual truck and not a prop just as the hay ride was coming back and tried to get out, but there weren’t any lights and I couldn’t find the handle to the door. We figured it out, but the lights came on when we opened the door and I was scared that the driver of the hay ride was the owner of the truck and we were going to get kicked out or something.

 IMG_1939 

Some of the members of their ward.

  IMG_1947

The Kaitlyn’s (a mix of the spelling of their names) and I. IMG_1949

Kate looks like she jumped super high in this picture.

IMG_1950

The haunted house wasn’t too bad, but that’s mostly because I was always third so I wasn’t the initial scare or the person they followed.  I also get really annoying in haunted houses because I get jokey and sarcastic as my defense mechanism against getting scared.

Most of the people who were in the house/maze thing were high schoolers, but they did a pretty good job!

And Look! A family!

IMG_1957

There was also a corn maze, but we got bored of it pretty quickly and wanted to go home and watch Hocus Pocus so we only went a couple hundred feet in and then turned around.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are a great blogger! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete