Sunday, November 6, 2011

Alpine Loop

If you have ever lived in Utah during the Fall, you have probably done the Alpine Loop.

This year I did it three times.

Alpine Loop Take One

The first time was on a blind date that Jeff set me up on. As you can see, it was really pretty, but very, very green.

IMG_1225

That date was pretty much a disaster. Not a single person on that date was even a little bit interested in their date. My date and Jeff’s date were second cousins and just talked the whole time about their third cousins-next-door-neighbor’s-best-friend’s-dog. Or something like that.  They really had their family history figured out.

As we were laying out the blanket for the picnic, my date decided to try and lay it on these bushed that were about 3 feet tall.  Now the whole place was covered in underbrush and stuff, but there were definitely spots that were not already occupied by bushes.
He explained his actions by saying that he thought the bushed could be padding.  Weird kid.

IMG_1217

The best part of the date though was when we were getting dropped off.  We had to drop Jeff’s date somewhere else so she could get to Salt Lake, and as she got out of the car, she said “nice to meet you” to Jeff and I and then thanked Brigham. It was weird, but then my date drove to the Elms and dropped Jeff and I off- not even getting out of the car. It was so weird.

And before you get all skeptical, I promise you that Jeff and I did not act like we were on the date together. Even when they were swapping storied about their first-cousin-once-removed’s-first-grade-teacher, we did not start talking to each other about our mutual friends.

Alpine Loop Take Two

The next week, a group of friends and I went between the conference sessions on Sunday.  As you can see in this picture, we were not the only ones with the idea.  There was practically a traffic jam up there. 

IMG_1503

Still a whole lot of green, but some of the leaves were changing!

IMG_1544

Since there were so many cars up there, we didn’t get out in time to get home for conference, so we stopped at a park on the way back and turned it on in the car.

I’m not sure how effective that was…

IMG_1568

Alpine Loop Take Three

The next Sunday, Jamie, Matt, Kristin, Mei Ling, and I went up. Jamie told us to wear fall colors, and then got mad at us when none of us brought a scarf.  :)

IMG_1851

The colors were much more brilliant this week though, even though my camera got a little funky with the colors in Jamie and Matt’s pictures.

IMG_1893

IMG_1883

Anyway, so it was cool to see the progression of the leaves. I’m glad the loop is so close to Provo!

 IMG_1916

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We never even got up the canyon to see the leaves, we went before they had changed...they were slow this year, but I have two beautiful trees in my yard! :) YOu crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny. Pretty pictures. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete