Monday, October 4, 2010

UpDATE

This is what I wrote in my journal:

“So I went on that date! He was a nice guy, but SUUUPER quiet and didn't really have any opinions. So I felt weird because I was always talking about me. So I would stop, ask him a question, and then remember why I had just been talking about myself for the last five minutes… because he has NO opinions, and very little to say that is interesting. For example:

Chrissy: "So what do you like to do?"
Nick: "Um, I like to study"
Chrissy: "Haha! I meant apart from school, but that's cool. How come you like it so much?"
Nick: "Why wouldn't I like it?" (or something just as uninteresting)

Okay, so I'm being harsh. I didn't have a miserable time or anything. I just miss having really interesting intelligent conversations.

We walked down by the soccer fields and I saw Uncle Ross and Aunt Sue! It was really funny! So we talked with them for a couple minutes.

Nick and I walked up to the Hinckley center, and watched some of the videos in there. Some of the honor code videos are quite amusing.

We walked around from about 7-9 or so and then I said that I had an intramural game so he walked me to the JSB. Then he asked me if I would be interested in doing this again sometime. Ughhh. I didn't know what to do, so I said "Sure, why not!" and then he asked me when I would next be available, and I said this week was going to be really busy because of midterms.” I really hate it when they do that. When you’re face to face, what are you supposed to say? Ugh.

He invited me to watch one of the Sunday sessions with him, but I told him that I couldn’t because I was in SLC. Then he called me today, but I was in class. But he texted me that night and asked me if I wanted to get ice cream or something tomorrow.

After getting a pep talk from my roommates, I sent a text that said “Actually, none of those times work for me, and to be honest, I don’t think I would be up for going on another date. I’m sorry. Thanks for inviting me though!”

I felt really bad about it, but I don’t know how many people have said that we just need to be honest and tell them we’re not interested. So I did. I hated it, but I did it.

3 comments:

  1. Remember the role playing at Christmas??? Maybe you need to do some with your roommates, just to make sure you're ready for anything that comes your way. ;) But I'm proud of you for being brave. You know that one of your top requirements is someone who can hold a conversation and who has opinions and thoughts that are interesting to you...he didn't have any of those. Time to move on and attract someone more your style! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are REALLY brave and I'm proud of you. Poor guy, though. It's good that you did it sooner rather than later. Next....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love college dating stories. They are true entertainment! Feel free to share more. I think that is one thing I miss about college. Everyone has the odd dating stories! Way to be honest though...it is for the best ;)

    ReplyDelete