Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hiking in Washington

Jamie and I got to go home last weekend because Matt and Hunter wanted to go to a mission reunion.
I loved being home. We got to see our new dog Lucy, and that was a lot of fun. She’s such a great dog. When Mom picked us up from the temple, she and Jamie went to Albertons and I got to take Lucy on a walk. I couldn’t believe what a good dog she was.

On Saturday, we went hiking at Twin Falls in North Bend. It was so pretty! Dad really wanted to try out Lucy’s new backpack. He was so excited about it. She ended up carrying all Dad’s water and it was probably a good thing since it probably tired her out.

image

Believe it or not, this island was relatively difficult to get to. Mom wouldn’t come, so she took pictures.

P1030191

P1030050

P1030092 P1030101

We all had fun watching the UW/ Oregon St. game. I was the only one who was rooting for Oregon St. That was only because I want TCU and Boise St. to look good though. It was a really exciting game!

Church was so much fun on Sunday. I loved seeing the Primary Program after working with them this summer. I miss that calling. You could definitely tell that I rarely practiced “The Holy Ghost” with them. Oops!  :)

The drive back was long. Around midnight, Hunter gave me “How to Drive a Stick 201,” so I’m pro now. I tried it once while we were waiting for Jamie at a gas station around 1:30 am. I am officially the only one who didn’t kill the car this weekend.  :)

Loved being home, and I can’t wait for Mom to come in few days! However, I can wait for that stinking 5k on Saturday…

4 comments:

  1. It was a super fun surprise to see you Sunday! I am glad you made a quick trip...but...still long for you to be a Laurel still! Selfish reasons, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad I missed you and sad I missed the program too! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOod thing. Now you will maybe get to drive our cars when you come and visit

    ReplyDelete