Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Weekend Adventures

On Friday night, I went on a date with my friend Jeff. We went to Comedy Sportz. I thought it was hilarious. It was a improv group. Some of the things they did there were amazing. One of them was when one of the guys went outside the room, and we shouted out five things, like cliff jumping and cheerleading. Then we replaced some of those things with completely random things. For example, instead of jumping off a cliff, the cliff was now Oprah and the water was liquid chicken. Or instead of wearing the cheerleading outfit, they wore an elephant. The guy came in and his team had to act out all fifteen things. I couldn't believe that he got them all in like three minutes or something!Another funny one was when they had to act out a skit in one minute and then kept reducing the time in half, but they had to try and keep it the same skit. The whole thing was really funny and I laughed the whole time.
The funny thing is that I was supposed to go to Divine Comedy, and Jamie and her date were supposed to go sledding or something, but we both ended up going to Comedy Sportz, so that was pretty funny.
We went to Guru's for dinner, and that was delicious and then went back and watched the end of the Opening Ceremony!

On Saturday, I went and helped a kid in my ward make a movie to apply for the film program. I was a girlfriend who was being broken up with and I had to poison the guy's water bottle. I don't think I was very good, so I hope I didn't ruin his chances of being in the program.
In the afternoon, I went on a date with Matt, a boy in my ward. It was a huge date with 8 couples and it was Olympic themed, so each couple had a country. Matt and I were the USA. Yes! We went to the RB and played broom hockey and volleyball, where we did four couples/ four couples. It was the east vs. west hemispheres. The west dominated at everything. There was only one game where we all played against each other. We had a chair and we could put it anywhere in the room and then we had to stand back-to-back with our partner and link arms. There was a huge ball and the object of the game was to hit other people's chairs so they would be out. Matt and my strategy was to put our chair in the corner and let other people forget about us and kill each other instead. Not exactly representative of the United States but... ;) It worked! We were automatically in the top three without even moving! Then we went out and finished off the last two. So we won the Olympics. woot. After, we did Ice Cream sculpting! :)
That night, I went on a triple date. I asked James Rose, since he was down from BYU-I for the weekend. Sean went with Melissa from Kent Stake and Derek went with Sarah from Kent Stake too. Sarah and Melissa were both on my club volleyball teams for a couple years. We all went to the Nickelcade, and that was a lot of fun. We spent probably close to an hour and a half there, and it really wasn't that crowded, although it looked super crowded. When we were inserting our tickets won, we were behind this family that got 3000 tickets. James and I only got 228, so we each got a toy car and 5 army men. haha.


The Dates.
The Providers.




This morning I made cinnamon rolls for my apartment. Why have I been making these from scratch?? They are delicious from a can. You have to buy them on sale though :)

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. You have the most fun life! Glad you are going on so many dates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha THANK YOU for telling us about your big weekend, so far! You didn't say where the flowers were from, though. I'm glad Sister Shaw and I can do so much visiting of blogs today! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks like so much fun!!! YOu look adorable Christina!! Keep on keepping us updated, love the new blog!!!

    ReplyDelete