Thursday, March 29, 2012

Foiled

Just got back from my last innertube water polo game.  We are finally out of the tournament, which means that I really need to step it up in Run for Your Life if I want an intramural t-shirt.  Bummer. 

It was a really good season.  Jeff and I started the team and wrote down "We were really good two years ago" as our team name.  They didn't like that, so we ended up being Team 95.  We kicked butt all season and then got placed in the highest division, ranked 8th out of about 60-80 teams.  It was quite flattering, but we were hoping we would be in a lower division so that we could have a chance. 

We won our first game of the tournament and then got ROCKED in our second game.  The girls were BYU volleyball players and the guys were even bigger than Jeff.  I think the final score was 80-26.  Very humbling. 

Fortunately, in the highest division, it's double elimination.  We won our next two games and then finally lost tonight.  It wasn't that disappointing though- we'll let another team get the opportunity to lose to the team we got slaughtered by...

It was a super fun season.  I got to play offense and I was a total ball hog though. 

Jamie, Matt, Kaitlan and Josh came to one of our games during the season, so I actually have a few pictures from it.  Thanks for taking them Jame!

Waterpolo  Chrissy and Signs_thumb[2]

Chrissy and Jeff Signs_thumb[3]

We decided that we're going to say that we got lost in the semi-finals in the top division.  It was really the semi-finals of the losers bracket of the upper division. Does that count as a lie???  :)

2 comments:

  1. I would love to try water polo on innertubes. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahaha yes! I wish I could have seen one of the games. Those pics were good. And amazing to do so well in the TOP bracket!

    ReplyDelete