Monday, August 22, 2011

Whatta guy

I am currently listening to Truman G. Madsen’s lecture series on the Presidents of the Church while cleaning my atrocious room.  Right before starting the lecture on Brigham Young, Madsen told this story.

There was, years ago, the practice of holding street meetings, often in Britain, and often at Hyde Park. One night a missionary was holding forth but was continually heckled by a man who kept shouting, “How many wives did Brigham Young have?”

And he ignored him repeatedly until finally it just became unbearable and he stopped and said, “Brother, I don’t know how many wives Brigham Young had, but when I get to heaven I’ll ask him.”

To which the man replied, “Oh, Brigham Young did not go to heaven.”

To which the Elder replied, “Then you ask him.”

True or folk story, it’s pretty funny.  :)

4 comments:

  1. haha that's funny! I'm glad you're getting inspired as you purge your room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his boldness :-) Great lectures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. harharharharharharhar. i commented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mom thinks you are purging. ha! That's almost as funny as the story.

    ReplyDelete