Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I love cows.

I love cows. I love everything about them, athough that statement may only be completely true due to my lack of sufficient olfactory senses.

Scotland is full of cows. One more reason that I love this country so much.

On the way back from Anstruther, we were taking the scenic route, and while on this tiny little road, we passed a fence with all these beautiful brown cows lined up at the fence just watching the cars pass.  Look at these guys!

IMG_8216

IMG_8217

I got out of the car and approached them while they watched me intently. Then I reached down to grab some grass to feed them and they practically fell over they were running so fast to get away from me.  As Kate described it, “they were running away faster than their little hooves could take them so they were falling all over each other".”  It was hilarious!  But sad, because I wanted to be their friend.

So I got back in the car, but turned around to see this!

IMG_8218

How could I possibly leave them!  They were so curious.  They just want to know what’s going on!  I got back out of the car and they all headed over.  Although this entirely breaks my theory of cows and their lack of emotion, I just loved them all the more. 

IMG_8223

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

The most beautiful dairy cows are all over Scotland but the best are the Highland Cows (pronounced coo).  I have been wanting to see one ever since I’ve been here and I finally got to yesterday!

IMG_9208

Look at him!

IMG_9212

IMG_9213

Cows are the greatest.  One day I want to have one. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello...this is miss creepy-anonymous natalie again! haha

    I love cows too! You got some great pictures of them. And...I will come visit your cow, so I don't have to have one of my own one day!

    ReplyDelete