Monday, June 13, 2011

People actually celebrate Easter?

The night before I went to California, I went up to Bountiful to stay at Cody’s grandma’s house.  His mom teaches Zumba, and so all the girls (5) wanted to do it with her.  I did it with them and felt pretty dumb the whole time, but it was fun.

IMG_1381

We played Rumikub after.  I wanted to cheat so bad.  Cody and I were laughing because our plan was to rearrange all the tiles on the board until it was a total mess and then say “Oh. Dang. I thought that was going to work.”  We didn’t actually do that because his older sister Shayne and her husband finally won, but if it had taken any longer, I probably would have cracked.

IMG_1396 

Cody’s family is weird because they actually celebrate holidays.  Like Easter, for example.  We haven’t celebrated Easter by hiding eggs or baskets or anything since I was five years old or something.  But we made cupcakes and dyed eggs.  The cupcakes came out of this book, What’s New, Cupcake which was a really great book that had designs to make a bunch of different and cool cupcakes.  We tried to make the Easter Egg.

easter egg

This is what it was supposed to look like, but I have doubts that this person actually made it work because it was impossible.

The other ones are apparently easier, because they had done some of them before and it had worked, but ours turned out nothing like the above picture.  So we improvised. IMG_1225 IMG_1224

Here are the final products.  Mine is the lame one in the back that looks like a baseball diamond.  Or at least I hope it does, because that’s what I tried to do.  Cody just laughed super hard when he saw it though, so maybe it doesn’t.  His is the one that’s even lamer in the front- the evil smiley face one.

IMG_1232

We also dyed eggs.  We each made three.  I’m not sure why I don’t have a picture of them.  I made one where I wrote “Hide me in the OVEN” on it with white crayon and then dyed it.  I thought it was pretty clever.  And pretty much everyone made a camo one.  I knew that if I tried too hard, mine would look stupid so I made a camo one that was grass against a sky. 

Cody’s camo egg was a total cop out.  He just used crayon, so it looked the best.  He’s a cheater, but his was the last one found the next morning, so I guess it worked.

I didn’t really understand the whole “finding you own eggs” concept at all.  I just assumed that everyone just wanted to find their eggs, you know- end goal and all, but apparently they wanted to find their own eggs themselves.  Took me forever to get that- everyone was getting mad at me because I would tell them where theirs were.

Oh well.  Mine were easy enough.  I only had to look for two of them because apparently the Easter bunny can read and put mine in the oven. 

3 comments:

  1. haha that's funny and I feel a little sad now as a mother that I didn't keep us having fun. I guess I was too lazy or tired or...

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, I love that you wrote down all of these stories you told me cuz you're not going to remember all of them someday haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cupcakes...that look almost exactly like the original idea photo! :)

    This is Natalie and it keeps putting me as anonymous...so enjoy the creepy post from the unknown!!!

    ReplyDelete