Sunday, June 12, 2011

My parents are going to be rednecks someday.

Mom, Dad and I went shooting with the Evans family after Jamie’s graduation.  Dad pretended like he wasn’t excited at all, but we all knew he was.  :)

Before we went, we met up with the Evanses, and they made Cody and I stand back to back to measure us.  I, knowing that I was definitely taller than him, but knowing that he thought he was taller than me, tried to get out of it, but his sisters were determined.

IMG_0928

This is Cody explaining the rules and his family paying tons of attention. 

IMG_0940

IMG_0941

 

 

 

The funniest part of Cody explaining all the rules was when he talked about keeping your finger out of the trigger until you’re ready to shoot, and Dad said “I forgot, I can’t shoot” to me and Mom, holding up his dead finger that he broke last year playing dodgeball with the teachers. Mom and I were laughing so hard, but Cody thought he was joking.

Cody helping Mom out.

IMG_0960

Mom was embarrassed because Dad wore his Jazz jersey.

 

IMG_0971

Dad loved it.  He ran around trying all the different guns.  We’ll leave it to Clark to tell us what kind of guns these are.

IMG_1058

IMG_1104

IMG_1109

Mom and Dad shooting together.

IMG_1016

It got pretty cold. These are Cody’s sisters, Randi, Whitney, and Kaitlyn.

IMG_1083

I wasn’t very good at it.

IMG_1120

Apparently, no one thought I was very good at it, because I got help from a lot of people.  ;)

IMG_1137

IMG_1065

P1170859

Cody and I shooting.

P1170884

And my camera got stolen after awhile. I came back to find lots of pictures of butts and these:

image

Cody had brought some mannequin heads from his house. Mom didn’t approve even a little bit, so we weren’t going to use them, but somehow they still got out there (probably Cody’s dad).

P1170945

When we were driving home, Dad told stories of smelly ammo cans and river trips and Dad and Cody talked a lot about Cody’s major and his internship he was leaving for.  Afterwards, Dad told me that yes, Cody was a redneck, but it was okay because he actually had his life in order.  It was pretty funny.

But the funniest part was that we were driving home from this and Mom really had to go to the bathroom, so we stopped at McDonalds right off of University and both Cody and Mom went in to use the restroom.  A couple minutes later, Mom came running out and got into the car at lightening speed.  A minute or two later, Cody came sauntering out, thinking he had tons of time because Mom wasn’t out yet, and got into the car.  Mom said something like “What took you so long” and he started, super surprised, looked around at her and said “Who are you??”

Mom was pretty proud.

4 comments:

  1. Shooting is always fun....even you arent great. Your dad looked like he was in heaven :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya hahahahaha. mom and the bathroom. also all those pictures of people helping you. nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you didn't put is that Cody only stopped because HE had to go...rude! haha It was fun, but I prefer watching, although I do look so cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Mom is so funny all the time. You are hogging her.

    ReplyDelete