Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Loomis!

Cody, Cody’s parents, two youngest sisters, and I headed to California on Easter Sunday.  It stunk to miss church but the drive was really nice.  We had some interesting weather.  Rained super hard some of the time and was really windy, but very pretty.

IMG_1443b

When we were actually getting into the Loomis area, it started getting really, really pretty.  It made me laugh because to get to Loomis, you take the Auburn exit and drive through Auburn, and that’s how you get to my house in Washington too.

IMG_1479

This is Cody’s “I’m super excited that I’m in Loomis” face.

IMG_1485

His house was in a really cool little street.  It even has a cool name!  He lives on Autumn Lane.  Maybe not quite as cool as 120th Ave, but pretty close. 

His dogs crack me up.  I think that’s what Cody was most excited for- seeing his dogs.  Ukiah loves riding the motorcycle with Cody or his dad.

 IMG_1547

IMG_1518

IMG_1525

Sunday night we played Settlers of Catan. Cody won and I was super grumpy the whole time because he kept attacking me in the game.  I have since developed a theory about why Settlers is a terrible game, but that’s for another day. 

Monday we went to the foothill bridge.  It’s the tallest bridge in California or something.  It was really cool, but super windy that day so we look super weird in all the pictures of us together.

IMG_1603    IMG_1619 

We also mowed the lawn.  That was another thing that Cody was super excited about coming home for.

 IMG_1737

IMG_1720

The last thing we did on Monday was ride bikes around Fulsome Lake with his mom and sister.  It started off really steep and I was really worried that I wouldn’t be able to handle it but the beginning was the worst part and it got to be really fun.  I haven’t ridden bikes in a really long time, but I always really enjoy it when I do.

IMG_1641

IMG_1644

IMG_1691

IMG_1694

  We had a big long list of things that we wanted to do while we were in Loomis, and we knocked a ton of them out of the way on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and fun trip. You two are so cute together..you look like best buds.

    ReplyDelete