Sunday, December 12, 2010

Variety Show

I am done as an Activities Chair! It’s been a lot of fun, but I am excited to try something else out, and it’s definitely nice not to have so much pressure on me anymore. I definitely would have done things differently if I were to start over, but overall I’m please with how the semester went.

The La Casa boys did a hilarious dance where they essentially made a snowman, snow angels, etc… This picture is their interpretive dance of a snow angel.  It was hilarious.

IMG_3870

Since I was busy putting the show together and getting my act together, I told Hunter to do the whole bottle-blowing thing that I usually pull at ward parties. He was awesome and did it. We didn’t practice at all, but pulled it off surprisingly well!

IMG_3888

This act was the finale. I didn’t mean it to be that way- Beau put the schedule together. I got 14 girls together on Sunday and we made this skit. I’m sure you’ve seen the Youtube video that we copied. Unfortunately, I made all the signs and didn’t have enough time to fill them all in (I had to find fourteen Snuggies!), so you couldn’t see the words all that well. It was a lot of fun, and it turned out pretty good.

IMG_3918 

Once during the show we had some technical difficulties, so I went on stage and did my arm trick. Then, they had a human body trick competition and they wouldn’t let me enter because mine was “just weird.” As opposed to “cool.”

Whatever.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Yahoo-y! A blog update! I love your ideas and think it's great that you were in TWO acts (well, three, but that one's just weird haha). I'm glad the tradition of bottle-blowing lives on! And snuggies was hilarious idea! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to see this "weird trick!" Glad the semester went well...are we going to see you in Washington soon?

    ReplyDelete