Sunday, June 13, 2010

Kara: 24!

It’s my sister’s birthday today!

I absolutely love my oldest sister. She is so much fun. Kara is super witty. She makes the funniest comments. And the weirdest ones. Yesterday I asked her what I should do for a date with Jeff, and she told me that we should dress up as Michelle and Barack Obama and drive around Provo in a limousine and see who we can fool. Haha.

Kara birthday, concerts, marks game 059

Kara birthday, concerts, marks game 071

Kara is always up for doing just about anything. Whenever we hang out as a family, someone will say “hey, I want to _______” and Kara will automatically reply “Oh! I want to do that too!”. She loves being around her family, and would much rather do something with them than by herself or something. Even when we were in Moab, and a lot of us were in the hot tub, and Kara couldn’t go in it because of baby sister, she still sat outside near the hot tub so that she could be around the family.

 Kara's date with Mark 006 

Kara is the oldest sister, and because of that, she always has to be the guinea pig. She was the first to start dating, the first to go to college, to get married, to have a baby, to move away from the family etc… Out of the four of us, she was definitely placed first for a reason. Kara is the most patient, the most calm and rational, and a great decision maker. She has always been obedient to our parents when we were growing up, and she has always strictly followed the commandments. She has been the greatest example to us, and we have all followed in her footsteps (Terrace 4 until we die!).

P1100059

P1380057

Besides my own mother, Kara is the best mom I know of, which is really reassuring considering I will look from her example to raise my own children. I don’t know how much she expected before she had Jonathan, but it seemed that she just knew right away what to do to be an excellent mother to him. She was humble and followed the doctor’s orders and recommendations exactly. She was super regular about Jonathan’s shoes and bar, which I’m not sure I could do. She teaches Jonathan to absolutely love learning. As someone who has studied child development a lot, I really appreciate what Kara does to help Jonathan grow into a socially competent individual. I can’t believe how much he knows and can speak and sign. He’s such a smart kid. I’ll always remember when we were driving through Arches National Park and you started explaining to Jonathan how canyons are formed. I thought that was crazy! Of course he’s not going to understand that! But then I realized that was why Jonathan was so intelligent- because you don’t treat him like some baby who doesn’t know anything, but as a child who is actively learning.

_MG_4952

_MG_5021

Kara, you are so much fun on your birthdays, and leading up to them. I always look forward to your birthdays. Much more than my own. I wish I could be there to celebrate this day with you and I am so excited to see you next week.

P1000122

P1020290 

 

I love you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

  1. don't worry. we will celebrate again when you and jamie get to WA. You know how I love to spread the parties out. You are so touching in your note (I am poking you right now). Jonathan takes after you...we know he didn't get his smarts from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't write anything better than this...and my tribute will have to wait until after Church. You know me -- too many pictures! haha You are a wonderful sister Chrissy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete